Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my basic pizza dough recipe. It is good for stromboli also. It takes a bit of time but it is more economical than store bought crusts...and it tastes better too!
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 7.08 g package yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
- If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps and just put the ingredients in according to the machine's instructions and use the "dough" setting.
- Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Makes 1- deep dish or 2- 12-inch pizza crusts.
- To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.
This is such a great recipe! I make this in my bread machine, and then when it's finished the dough cycle, I take it out and let it rest in an oiled bowl for another hour, then roll it out for pizzas. It has become a firm favourite in our family!
I've been using this dough for months now and boy am I glad I found it! I've tried many homemade doughs, but none gave me the consistency I was looking for. This dough however was awesome! It is now my one and only! Sometimes I add garlic powder and Italian seasoning for some extra pizazz. Thanks for the wonderful recipe! <3
This was pleasantly easy to make. I kneaded the dough by hand (about 10 minutes) and it came together quickly. I followed the recipe exactly as written. The crust held up really well with sauce, cheese and toppings. 450* for 15 minutes was perfect, too. Great recipe, easy to follow, and tasty, too!