Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is my basic pizza dough recipe. It is good for stromboli also. It takes a bit of time but it is more economical than store bought crusts...and it tastes better too!
Top Review by BowerBird
This is such a great recipe! I make this in my bread machine, and then when it's finished the dough cycle, I take it out and let it rest in an oiled bowl for another hour, then roll it out for pizzas. It has become a firm favourite in our family!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
- If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps and just put the ingredients in according to the machine's instructions and use the "dough" setting.
- Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Makes 1- deep dish or 2- 12-inch pizza crusts.
- To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.