1/13 Photos of Basic Pizza Dough
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my basic pizza dough recipe. It is good for stromboli also. It takes a bit of time but it is more economical than store bought crusts...and it tastes better too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- 2Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
- 4If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- 5Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- 7IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps and just put the ingredients in according to the machine's instructions and use the "dough" setting.
- 8Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 9Makes 1- deep dish or 2- 12-inch pizza crusts.
- 10To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 20.8 g