This crust flaky all-butter crust is from "Rosie's Bakery: All-Butter Fresh Cream Sugar-Packed Baking Book." You mix it up easily in your food processor.
- Process the flour and salt in a food processor for 20 seconds.
- Distribute the butter evenly over the flour and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 15-20 seconds.
- With the food processor running, pour the ice water in a steady stream through the feed tube and process just until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for several turns on a lightly floured surface to bring it together.
- Shape the dough into a thick disks (or 2 for a double crust), wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To roll out the dough, place the chilled dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper (helps tremendously in rolling out!) and roll it out to a circle 2 inches bigger than the size of the pie pan.
- Fit the dough into a 9-inch (greased) pie plate and trim the edges.
- Keep the crust in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
- If prebaking the crust, refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes or stick in the freezer before baking (I always freeze it).