Basic cheesecake; no lemon, no sour cream.
Make and share this Basic Philly Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine and press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and raise oven temperature to 450F degrees.
- To make filling, combine softened cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beating at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; blend in vanilla then pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450F, then reduce heat to 250F and for 25-30 minutes more, or until set.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Chill; top individual slices with desired topping, if any, just before serving.