- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice-cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together flour and salt, and cut in half the shortening or butter until mixture is crumbly. Cut in remaining shortening. Do not overmix.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and gently toss. Repeat this until the mixture forms a ball.
- Flatten on a flour surface, and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Fit into a pie plate, and prick all over.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use in any recipe calling for a par baked crust.