Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Place both types of flour in a large mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add water a little at a time, stirring with your hands until a dough is formed.
- You may need more or less water, depending on the humidity in your kitchen.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and knead it like bread for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before using.
This is the way I make pasta and it always turns out well. Add your favourite herbs and black pepper for something a little different. I often throw in handfuls of fresh chopped basil.
Wonderful!!! I have tried a few other recipes and this was my far the best. The dough was a dream to work with, no issues with sticking in my pasta machine. Can't wait to try
Perfect for ravioli when you're out of eggs or even when you aren't. It rolls out lovely and thin. However it does benefit from sitting for a few minutes before you begin.