Jim in Washington's Note:
I read a similar recipe to this on Cooks.com. When I would watch my 2 DGDs after school, in the winter, they would want something warm. I experimented a little and came up with this recipe they seem to like. I got to be looking forward to a steaming bowl of this soup with a handful of croutons floating in it,too. I used this soup to test various croutons too. A real quick, simple meal. Any of these ingredients may be omitted or others added. I am still experimenting, too. I started using small soup mugs for the children when I discovered their smaller hands could control the mug, because of the handle,better, plus they think it is cool.
My Private Note
Mugs, o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta, any style.
- 1/4 cup dry lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mushroom
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups water
- 1Place dry ingredients, except macaroni, in saucepan, and add water.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 3Add macaroni and cook for 10 more minutes.
- 4Remove from heat for a few minutes to cool and ladle into soup mugs and serve, with small size croutons or oyster crackers.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pasta Beef or Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 599.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: