Recipe by Jim in Washington
I read a similar recipe to this on Cooks.com. When I would watch my 2 DGDs after school, in the winter, they would want something warm. I experimented a little and came up with this recipe they seem to like. I got to be looking forward to a steaming bowl of this soup with a handful of croutons floating in it,too. I used this soup to test various croutons too. A real quick, simple meal. Any of these ingredients may be omitted or others added. I am still experimenting, too. I started using small soup mugs for the children when I discovered their smaller hands could control the mug, because of the handle,better, plus they think it is cool.
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, any style.
- 1⁄4 cup dry lentils
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried mushroom
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dry ingredients, except macaroni, in saucepan, and add water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat for a few minutes to cool and ladle into soup mugs and serve, with small size croutons or oyster crackers.