My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add sugar to mix.
- 2Beat egg slightly and mix with the water.
- 3Add water to mix and stir for about 25 strokes (lumpy batter is OKAY!).
- 4Pour about 1/4 cup of batter on greased, heated griddle or skillet, or slightly less in a waffle iron.
- 5Turn pancake when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes.
- 7BACON PANCAKES: Drain fat from 2 strips of crisp bacon. Crumble into the pancake batter.
- 8BLUEBERRY: Add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to batter. If you use canned, drain them first, and make a syrup from the juice.
- 9PINEAPPLE: Add 1/2 cup crushed, drained pineapple to batter.
- 10CORNMEAL: Substitute 1/2 cup cornmeal for 1/2 cup mix in the basic recipe.
- 11PECAN: (or other nuts) Add 1/4 cup chopped pecans to batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pancakes and Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 784.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g