Recipe by KiwiMegan
From the Australian Women's Weekly 'Best Ever Recipes' book. There is no sugar in these pancakes. Also requires standing for 30minutes before cooking - but I'm sure it would still work without doing this.
Top Review by Chelsea-Aspiring Designer
This is definitely a mislabeled recipe. Following the recipe exactly as it is written yields crepe batter, not pancake batter. I added almost another 1/2 cup of flour and about 3 tablespoons of sugar, and they did taste good after those additions, but without a traditional leavening agent they were still very flat and definitely tasted crepe-y.
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Sift dry ingredients into bowl. Add eggs, stir until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- 2. Gradually add milk, mixing to a smooth batter. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat pan, grease well.
- 4. From a small jug pour 2-3 tablespoons of pancake mixture into pan, swirling batter evenly around pan.
- 5. Cook over medium heat until light golden brown. Toss or turn pancake and cook on other side. Repeat with remaining batter.