Recipe by mortar&pestle
My dad's recipe - made for me every Friday night as a child. Normally made with cheese or left plain and served with honey.
- 236.59 ml plain flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml milk
- 15 g butter, melted
- 15 g butter (extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk and butter.
- Using a wooden spoon stir well and add flour. Beat vigourously and then leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a 20cm round frypan and pour in a ladlefull (about 1/4 cup) of batter into the pan.
- Run the batter evenly across the surface of the pan by tilting each way.
- Cook until small bubble appear, flip and cook on the other side. (If adding cheese do this before flipping and once melted in then flip to cook other side).
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve hot.