My dad's recipe - made for me every Friday night as a child. Normally made with cheese or left plain and served with honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 2Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk and butter.
- 3Using a wooden spoon stir well and add flour. Beat vigourously and then leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- 4Heat butter in a 20cm round frypan and pour in a ladlefull (about 1/4 cup) of batter into the pan.
- 5Run the batter evenly across the surface of the pan by tilting each way.
- 6Cook until small bubble appear, flip and cook on the other side. (If adding cheese do this before flipping and once melted in then flip to cook other side).
- 7Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g