Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dorie Greenspan—simple, fast, and foolproof.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- maple syrup or honey or jam or butter
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla; bend well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients; mix with the whisk, stopping when everything is just combined (don’t worry if the batter is a bit lumpy).
- Lightly butter or oil or spray your griddle or skillet.
- Preheat over medium heat (if using an electric griddle, set to 350°; if you want to hold the pancakes until serving time, preheat oven to 200°.
- Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading.
- When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the tops are speckled with bubbles that pop and stay open, flip the pancakes over with a wide spatula and cook until the other sides are light brown.
- Serve immediately or keep the finished pancakes in the preheated oven while you make the rest of the batch.
- Serve with desired toppings.
It tasted too much the eggs. But we still enjoyed them with maple syrup. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' Made for Bargain Basement tag game