1/1 Photo of Basic Pancakes
Dorie Greenspan—simple, fast, and foolproof.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla; bend well.
- 3Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients; mix with the whisk, stopping when everything is just combined (don’t worry if the batter is a bit lumpy).
- 4Lightly butter or oil or spray your griddle or skillet.
- 5Preheat over medium heat (if using an electric griddle, set to 350°; if you want to hold the pancakes until serving time, preheat oven to 200°.
- 6Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading.
- 7When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the tops are speckled with bubbles that pop and stay open, flip the pancakes over with a wide spatula and cook until the other sides are light brown.
- 8Serve immediately or keep the finished pancakes in the preheated oven while you make the rest of the batch.
- 9Serve with desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g