Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
There's nothing like pancakes in the morning :P
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine Pancake Mix and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, egg, and oil; add to dry ingredients, whisking just until lumps disappear.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges begin to look cooked; turn and cook 2 more minutes or until done.
Super fluffy and yummy! Make sure you use the Pancake Mix Recipe (229425). I substituted vanilla almond milk for the buttermilk to suit our dietary needs and only used 1 cup of it, because I used spelt flour in the mix which requires less liquid. They turned out great, and tasted good even without syrup on them.
I used this recipe because I couldn't find my favourite tried and tested and much loved recipe. They were ok and I would use the recipe again. Although, I did find them to be a little flat due to the mix being quite watery. Next time, I would also use less salt than what's asked for in the Pancake Mix, as I found them to be a bit too salty.