Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just a good basic pancake recipe. Who needs Bisquick?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moist. Let mixture rest 30 seconds.
- Spoon or pour onto greased, hot griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Cook pancakes on the first side until bubbles appear on the upper surface. Turn over and cook until the bottom is golden.
- You can make a nice variation on these by adding a mashed black banana and 1/2 teaspoon of cinammon to the batter. Yum!
i also ran out of pancake mix and did not have any bisquick in the house and the kids wanted pancakes. i found this recipe and i added another tablespoon of sugar and sprinkled in cinnamon. we loved this recipe!!!! they were sooo good, light and fluffy!! thank you for sharing!!
I always used bisquick but I ran out and this morning my Grandson wanted pancakes. Found your recipe and I will never use bisquick for pancakes again. Thank-you for saving breakfast
Very easy, light and fluffy pancakes! Will not buy Bisquick again! No need to! Thanks :)