Recipe by ChefDLH
This a great pan- sear pork chop made with no egg mixture. Most times you dip in the egg and then dredge. We needed one without egg and this fits the bill. It is geared to be a how to for the newer cook. Being a basic recipe it can be altered to suit anyone's taste. I feed the kids these chops made this way and they gobble them up-no convincing needed. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Top Review by Cynical D.
OMG. My mind is blown. Made this today and it was very easy and fast to make. My brother said it was very good. I added a little more seasoning. The one thing I would change is the cooking time. Mine were thin cut, so about 4 minutes each side. I loved it. Thank you so much. The no egg part was what I followed when I clicked on your recipe. Greetings from Virginia.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper (we like Lawry's lemon pepper)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wafer-thin boneless pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large shallow bowl. Dredge each pork chop into the flour mixture to coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- (if your pork chops are a little dry, rinse and shake off then dredge no egg needed).
- Place oil in a large, heavy skillet and heat over high. When hot, add chops to skillet and cook 1 minute each side, until browned and crisp, working in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. Makes a great pan-sear.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.