Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
The recipe is just my basic recipe for meatballs. You can add in red pepper flakes if you like spicier meat balls. You can even change it up by changing the herbs you use. Once the meatballs are cook you can combine them in any way you want. They make excellent meatball subs also. If you choose to use fresh herbs be sure to double the amount I used in dried.
- 3 slices bread, crumbled into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, small (or half large,)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 lb ground meat (I use ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl by hand.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Form the meat into golf ball sized balls. Place on the prepared sheet.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve as desired.
I love meatballs and this is similar to one I use so I knew it would be a winner. Baking them before adding them to the sauce is the secret for good texture.The tabasco was a nice addition...don't leave it out. :-)