Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another basic recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 44.37 ml milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Use a fork to beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended but not foamy.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Swirl the butter around in the pan until it stops foaming.
- Pour in the eggs and reduce the heat to medium.
- As the mixture sets, lift the edges of the egg with a spatula and tilt the skillet so uncooked egg flows underneath. Do not stir.
- Continue cooking until the omelet is moist but not runny, about 3 minutes.
- If making a filled omelet, top it with your choice of filling.
- Use a large spatula to loosen the edge of the omelet and fold it in half.
- Slide it onto a plate, top with a few spoonfuls of salsa, if using, and serve.
This is great! Nice and simple, just how I like my omelettes. DD and I had this for breakfast yesterday. I used cheddar cheese and skipped the salsa. Yum. Thanks! :)
Really quick, really easy, really tasty!
The DM says thank you swirlycinnacakes for a delightful lunch - as she wasn't feeling the best but being diabetic she still needs to eat so I thought this would be just the dish for her and she thoroughly enjoyed, made for Name that Ingredient.