1/3 Photos of Basic Omelette
Another basic recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a fork to beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended but not foamy.
- 2Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick skillet.
- 3Swirl the butter around in the pan until it stops foaming.
- 4Pour in the eggs and reduce the heat to medium.
- 5As the mixture sets, lift the edges of the egg with a spatula and tilt the skillet so uncooked egg flows underneath. Do not stir.
- 6Continue cooking until the omelet is moist but not runny, about 3 minutes.
- 7If making a filled omelet, top it with your choice of filling.
- 8Use a large spatula to loosen the edge of the omelet and fold it in half.
- 9Slide it onto a plate, top with a few spoonfuls of salsa, if using, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.8
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 671.4 mg
- Sodium 895.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g