Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another basic recipe
Make and share this Basic Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- Use a fork to beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended but not foamy.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Swirl the butter around in the pan until it stops foaming.
- Pour in the eggs and reduce the heat to medium.
- As the mixture sets, lift the edges of the egg with a spatula and tilt the skillet so uncooked egg flows underneath. Do not stir.
- Continue cooking until the omelet is moist but not runny, about 3 minutes.
- If making a filled omelet, top it with your choice of filling.
- Use a large spatula to loosen the edge of the omelet and fold it in half.
- Slide it onto a plate, top with a few spoonfuls of salsa, if using, and serve.
The DM says thank you swirlycinnacakes for a delightful lunch - as she wasn't feeling the best but being diabetic she still needs to eat so I thought this would be just the dish for her and she thoroughly enjoyed, made for Name that Ingredient.
Enjoyed the Omelette with fresh garden tomatoes and toast.
This is great! Nice and simple, just how I like my omelettes. DD and I had this for breakfast yesterday. I used cheddar cheese and skipped the salsa. Yum. Thanks! :)