Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Made from scratch oatmeal that you can use as a base to make whatever flavor you like or eat as is.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup applesauce
- Place 3/4 cup of the rolled oats into a blender and process until a flour.
- Add all rolled oats, water, cinnamon and vanilla to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add honey and applesauce and stir for 1 minute.
- Add to bowls.
Easy, breezy and tasty. I ground up 1/2 of the oatmeal to leave a little more texture, used about 1/2 the amount of applesauce and a little less honey to cut back on the the sugar and topped with a little milk and tiny bit of butter. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
I agree with the other comment. I like my oatmeal a little chunkier, so maybe just a quick pulse or two in the food processor. You can change up the flavors too. Very easy to make and store for later.
I thought this was yummy. Ate some this morning with bananas and walnuts. Next time I make it, I don't think I'll grind up quite as many oats. My own preference is that oatmeal be a little more toothsome. I'm also thinking about making a bunch of it up at once and storing it with a vanilla bean buried in it for camping breakfasts.