Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just what the title says.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS:
- Apricot Nut Bread; Decrease milk to 1/2 cup; add 4 teaspoons grated orange peel, 3/4 cup orange juice, and 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots.
- Banana Nut Bread; Decrease milk to 3/4 cup; add 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium).
- Date Nut Bread; Add 1 cup chopped dates.
- Orange Nut Bread; Decrease milk to 1/2 cup; add 4 teaspoons grated orange peel and 3/4 cup orange juice.
- Prune Nut Bread; Decrease milk to 1/2 cup; add 3/4 cup prune juice and 1 cup drained chopped prunes.
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, or two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2x2 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Measure all ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed 30 seconds, or mix with a whisk until well blended.
- Pour into pans; bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.