Recipe by Bone Man
I have to laugh when people rave about my "moist, great-tasting cornbread". The recipe is on the back of the Quaker Corn Meal box and that's where this recipe comes from. It works perfectly every time. I did cut back just a hair on the sugar. The recipe here is a double one because I can't seem to make enough of it to satisfy everyone, so don't be afraid to halve it.
Top Review by hujiloew
Thank you, thank you! I've used the same recipe before but sadly lost it! I've been searching all over the internet for it! This recipe works everytime, in fact I even like to spice it up by adding finely chopped chillies to it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white cornmeal or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (I use whole milk)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten or 4 egg whites
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spray a 13" x 17" half-sheet pan with Pam. (or use two 9" x 13" casserole dishes). Pour in the blended ingredients.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with butter.