1/3 Photos of Basic Muffins
This is a recipe for basic muffins. You can make them as is or add any combination of fruit or even cocoa to make chocolate muffins. You could also just try grating in some orange or lemon zest. The possibilities are endless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave on low heat.
- 2Sift, measure and then place the flour in a large bowl.
- 3Add the baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 4Beat the egg well in a small bowl.
- 5Add the milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- 6Put the above wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- 7Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened.
- 8Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- 9Bake at 400 F or 200 C for 20-25 minutes.
- 10The muffins should be golden brown in colour and spring back when touched.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 237.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g