Recipe by dividend
This is a really simple muffin recipe. I'm moving away from relying on mixes for things like this. I'm adding additions to make different types of muffins as I try them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup canned blueberries, drained and dusted with
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (add with wet ingredients, and subtract 2 tablespoons water)
- 2 lemons, zest of, finely grated (add with wet ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed (add with dry ingredients)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper inserts.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture all at once. Stir with a fork until just moist.
- At this point, add the additions for the type of muffin you want to make.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake for 25-30 minutes.