This is a really simple muffin recipe. I'm moving away from relying on mixes for things like this. I'm adding additions to make different types of muffins as I try them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper inserts.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture all at once. Stir with a fork until just moist.
- 6At this point, add the additions for the type of muffin you want to make.
- 7Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 208.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of