Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Add any of your favorite's to this plain muffin recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beat
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large bowl sift together, dry ingredients. Make a well in the center. In another bowl. combine milk, eggs, and melted butter (you can use margarine or shortening). pour into dry ingredients. mix just till blended, no more than 15 strokes. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into tins.Place in preheated 400 oven. bake 15-18 minutes till golden.
- Apple Cinnamon: add 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp butter, 1 1/2 cups fine chopped apples.
- Bacon: add 5 strips crisp.crumbled bacon, add drippings to batter.
- Cheese: add 1 cup grated sharp cheese.
- add 1 tbsp grated orange zest to dry ingredients, sub 1 cup oj for milk.
pretty good just wat im looking for but i did add a little more sugar and rehydrated cranberrys for a nice sweet tart flavor
not sweet enough reajusted it the second time round and had slightly better results