Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Muesli is what I have for breakfast and something I adore because it is literally packed with all that one needs to kick start the day. This is one food item that is on the top of my FAVOURITE FOOD list. If you do not have ready packs of muesli available at your local stores, you can make it at home by following this recipe from the famous Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Enjoy!
- 2 cups porridge oats, dry roasted
- 1⁄4 cup apricot, dried and chopped
- 15 -20 almonds, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black currants
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fig, dried and chopped
- 3 strawberries, quartered
- cold milk or hot milk, as required
- yoghurt, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the roasted oats, almonds, black currants, cornflakes and apricots.
- Store in an airtight container and use as required.
- Dried pineapple, banana or other fruits may also be added.
- To serve, take a little of the prepared muesli mixture in a bowl.
- Add figs and fresh strawberries.
- Stir in honey and cold/hot milk, whichever you prefer.
- For those who can't have milk because they are on a vegan diet or on a weight loss or are avoiding milk and milk products, they may stir in water(this is what I do).
- Those who like yoghurt may add that to the muesli mixture.
- Mix well, allow to stand for 12 minutes and then eat it with a small spoon(a recent study has found that those who want to lose weight eat with smaller spoons and in smaller plates thereby fooling themselves into eating less).
- Enjoy and have a good day ahead!