Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Cuban Drink. Please do use fresh mint. After making this you will be growing your own mint for this drink. I'm not a rum drinker till I discovered this Mojitos!
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum
- club soda, chilled
- In a tall thin glass, crush or muddle part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly.
- Top with ice.
- Add rum and mix.
- Top off with the club soda (or seltzer).
- Add a lime or lemon slice and the remaining mint.
- Serves one.
Thank you for sharing this recipe--it is difficult sometimes to find a single serving recipe. This is delicious and I have also made a diet version with sparkling water and lemon stevia--yum!
Good basic recipe. I used fresh limes and fresh mint. Mint will definitely be in my garden this summer!