1/1 Photo of Basic Miso Soup
Vino Girl's Note:
This recipe was my introduction to making miso soup. I love recipes like this that encourage you to be creative and make it your own - something many of us will do anyway! The instructions include many add-in ideas. I put spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and extra green onions in mine, using the water I soaked the mushrooms in for some of the water called for in the recipe. From Eden Organic Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse wakame; soak in cold water to cover for 5 minutes and dice, or if using flakes, add directly.
- 2Bring water to a boil. Add onions and wakame; simmer 3 minutes.
- 3Add the carrots and simmer 5 more minutes; reduce heat to very low.
- 4Add miso and simmer 2 minutes (do not boil after adding miso). Garnish with green onions.
- 5Optional Ingredients: fresh or dried tofu, shiitake mushrooms, leafy greens, daikon, lotus root, leeks, round or root vegetables, cooked noodles or grains.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Miso Soup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: