Recipe by Skip Murray
A simple and quick milkcream gravy. Add sausage to make sausage gravy. Add 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice) to make cheese sauce. Add 1/2 tsp cumin with diced green chilies (finely chopped) and 1/4 cup salsa to cheese sauce, to make a southwestern queso. Great for nachos.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, butter, salt and pepper in a small sauce pan , bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- As milk starts to simmer whisk cornstarch and water into a slurry.
- Add this to milk, it should thicken almost immediately.
- Serve over biscuits, fries, or potato pancakes.