Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this chicken, prepared in a microwave oven with the Black Bean, Tomato, and Feta Sauce. It is hard to believe that chicken prepared in a microwave can actyally be moist and juicy, but you will be pleasantly surprised. Not to mention how nice and cool your kitchen will remain during the hot summer minths.
- 3 lbs meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- wax paper
- Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish with meaty portions toward the edges of the dish. Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 15-20 minutes, or till chicken is tender and no pink remains, rearranging and turning pieces halfway through cooking time.
- Cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove skin and cut or pull meat from the bones. Discard skin and bones. Cut up or shred as directed.