Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from a friend. It is only 3 WW points.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup long grain rice (not instant)
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 medium finely chopped white onion
- 3 medium finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the rice over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and the onions and saute until onion is golden yellow.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil uncovered, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Do not take lid off to peak in!
- Remove lid, toss with a fork to fluff and allow to sit for 5 minutes uncovered before serving.
Yummy! The only thing I did different was add some green chilies and diced jalapeÃ±os.
From Brandy 5-12-2008 This was very good, and will make again. when I do I'll add some peas and chicken. then add a few more points to it for WW.
Great stuff... served it with Unfried Refried Beans "Recipe #234919" and corn tortillas