- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup long grain rice (not instant)
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 medium finely chopped white onion
- 3 medium finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the rice over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and the onions and saute until onion is golden yellow.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil uncovered, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Do not take lid off to peak in!
- Remove lid, toss with a fork to fluff and allow to sit for 5 minutes uncovered before serving.