Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is just a basic recipe. You can experiment by putting a bit of spinach, or sweet peppers chopped finely, or bits of pineapple and ham, or whatever you have in the fridge that you think would go well with this recipe. If you like it more firm, you can do one or more of the following: increase the eggs or breadcrumbs, uncover while cooking, use leaner meat, drain the loaf of any fat halfway through cooking. If you like a moist but firm meatloaf, just follow the directions!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 -4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spray a loaf pan with a non-stick veg spray (Pam).
- Put meat mixture in the loaf pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours.
My family really enjoyed this meatloaf! I used some dice tomatoes (several Tablespoons) instead of ketchup. I did top it with ketchup for the last 15 min. of cooking. Thanks!