Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my ex-brother-in-law's recipe for meatloaf, and this and my two nephews are the three best things he gave our family. We love this meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 24 saltine crackers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can vegetable beef soup, in beef stock
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Crush the crackers. I use the food processor for this to get finer crumbs.
- Mix the meat, soup, and egg together with the seasonings.
- Add cracker crumbs until the texture is firm but not dry.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake until done (160°F on the meat thermometer), which takes about an hour.
- Muffin variation: Divide meatloaf mixture into 6 even portions.
- Press into large size muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- If adding a sauce, form a well in the top of each muffin to hold the sauce.
- Check baking time carefully, as the smaller size allows the dish to bake more quickly. I have found that baking time is reduced to about 35 minutes in this form.