Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from a neighbor's church recipe book. I like the oven method of cooking.
Make and share this Basic Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the sirloin, egg, milk, salt/pepper, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add as much of the bread crumbs as you need (mixture should be slightly moist).
- Roll into desired sized balls.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place onto a cookie sheet or 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake meatballs for 15-23 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Drain onto paper towels.
My late sis/in/law used to work for a caterer and these taste just like hers! Delicious and easy to make, I will make again. Thanks for sharing Pooh Bear. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Very delicious! I used 2 lbs. of ground beef; I do wish I had used ground sirloin as directed. At any rate, I added an extra egg white and doubled the milk. I used about 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce, and I added some minced fresh parsley. I cooked them a little longer than specified to get them nicely browned. The picture I posted shows the meatballs topped with a cream sauce and more parsley. This recipe was a snap to assemble and produced moist, flavorful meatballs that were kid-friendly and took well to sauce. Left plain, they might be a tad tame, but still satisfying nonetheless. I would use this recipe and method again!