My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- 2Add onion; cook until softened, 4 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, 5 minutes.
- 4Add beef; cook, breaking up clumps, until browned.
- 5Add wine; cook until wine evaporates.
- 6Add tomatoes with their liquid, water, salt and pepper; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- 7Toss with cooked pasta of choice and serve.
- 8Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.0 g