Recipe by e_lizard_owen
Basic meat filled stuffed shells recipe taken from the side of the box of shells and adapted for OAMC. A bit intense (and messy) on the preparation side but a it's a real time saver to make a double batch and be able to pull them from the freezer whenever you want them.
Top Review by etully
This is a great OAMC keeper. I didn't tell anyone that the shells had turkey in them and they didn't know the difference. Everyone like them very much. Thanks for an excellent recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
on serving day
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells according to package directions.
- Brown meat; drain.
- Mix together all ingredients in large bowl.
- Fill each shell with about 2 tbsp meat mixture.
- Place in foil lined pan in single layer. Cover with foil, freeze.
- To prepare:.
- Thaw, cover with spaghetti sauce and recover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or if still frozen, cover with sauce and foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours or until hot and bubbly.