Recipe by Liza at Food.com
From Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires...easy, yummy, I love it for a simple dinner if I'm too tired to really cook. This is a savory matzoh brei.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Ohhh yummy. The texture and flavor combined made this dish way better than eggs alone. I have a whole box of Matzoh left to make more of this with :) Thanks for sharing. Made for elf apperciation cook a thon.
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up matzoh crackers into tiny pieces and put into a strainer.
- Run warm water over the broken up matzoh to soak it for a few minutes.
- Break eggs, whip with a fork til frothy.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add soaked, but drained, matzoh to eggs.
- Melt 1 T butter in frying pan.
- Fry egg/matzoh mixture like you would scrambled eggs.
- Enjoy -- no need for toast, all in the pan!