Prep 4 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires...easy, yummy, I love it for a simple dinner if I'm too tired to really cook. This is a savory matzoh brei.
- Break up matzoh crackers into tiny pieces and put into a strainer.
- Run warm water over the broken up matzoh to soak it for a few minutes.
- Break eggs, whip with a fork til frothy.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add soaked, but drained, matzoh to eggs.
- Melt 1 T butter in frying pan.
- Fry egg/matzoh mixture like you would scrambled eggs.
- Enjoy -- no need for toast, all in the pan!
Ohhh yummy. The texture and flavor combined made this dish way better than eggs alone. I have a whole box of Matzoh left to make more of this with :) Thanks for sharing. Made for elf apperciation cook a thon.
This is how my friend Jane makes her Matzoh Brei except for the pepper. You don't have to wait for Passover to enjoy this. Jane adds some cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top after it's cooked. I used 3 pieces of Matzah to the 2 eggs. YUM!