Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are many Maryland crab cake recipes, and this is one of many simple, basic ones.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 egg, large
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- cooking oil (optional)
- Pick through crab meat for any leftover pieces of shell.
- Lightly beat egg in medium bowl.
- Add all seasonings to egg and mix well.
- Add bread cubes to mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold crab meat into mixture.
- Shape into crab cakes.
- If using oil, heat oil.
- Pan fry until both sides are evenly done.
- Serve plain or with lemon juice or tartar sauce.