Recipe by mliss29
This is good by itself or for use in recipes that call for chicken.
Top Review by Connie Lea
OMG this is so good. I used low sodium soy sauce and added 1/4 cup water as some reviewers said this was too salty. I loved it. Even ate the leftovers cold. I could have eaten the whole 16 ounces in one sitting easily, but thought I probably better not. I also didn't add any oil, as I didn't have sesame oil, but will add it next time. Can only make it better.
- 16 ounces tofu (not the silken kind)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels and press under a heavy skillet for 15 minutes. If it's still pretty wet, replace the towels and press it again.
- Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, and oil in a container that is small but big enough for all the tofu.
- Cut the tofu in half inch slices and place in marinade.
- Turn it over after about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wipe some of the oil from the marinade on your baking sheet.
- Arrange the tofu slices in one layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake another 15 minutes.