This is a light version of my Sunday gravy (can't give up the family recipe, top secret). Though this version is much faster than the 3-4 hours most Sunday gravies take. I NEVER measure herbs for gravy but this is about right for the amount of tomatoes used here. Hope you enjoy!
- On low light, put tomatoes in saucepan.
- In a frying pan, fry garlic in extra virgin olive oil, just enought to coat the pan. Once they start to sizzle, add to tomatoes and stir. If using the onion, saute in olive oil as well and add to tomotoes and stir.
- Add wine to frying pan and scrape pan with a wood spoon. Once wine starts to boil, about 30 seconds, add to tomatoes and stir.(Be careful, do this on a low light or shut the gas off).
- Once the gravy starts to bubble, add and stir oregano, then the basil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low light for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- The sky is the limit, serve over any pasta you wish. Can be used in lasagnas and parmigianas too.Leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.