Recipe by jas kaur
this recipe is by chef sanjeev kapoor posting here for safe keeping one basic recipe for all kinda of makhni delicasies be it butter chicken or paneer makahni wow!!!!
Top Review by sorrelm
Haven't tried this yet, but wanted to make a note for when I do. According to this: http://missvickie.com/library/whistling.htm The equivalent timing for a western pressure cooker is to bring to pressure, then time 3 mins per whistle. Will update with my results when I try it :-)
- 12 large sized tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup fresh cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the tomatoes. Put them in a pressure cooker along with salt, half of the Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger and two cups of water.
- Pressure cook till two whistles. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Blend the mixture in a blender and strain.
- Heat butter in a pan, add garlic paste, ginger paste and two tablespoons of water. Cook for a minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook for two to three minutes.Dry roast the kasuri methi in a microwave or on a tawa. Crush.
- Add the remaining Kashmiri red chilli powder to the gravy along with salt, sugar or honey. Stir and cook for a minute. Add the crushed kasuri methi and garam masala powder.
- Mix and cook for a minute.Add cream only if you need to use the gravy immediately.