Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
For anyone who has never tried to make mac and cheese before.
Make and share this Basic Macaroni and Cheese (Stove-Top or Oven) recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- Add the macaroni and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- Mix together the cheese, cream and butter and heat on a low flame,stirring, till the cheese melts.
- Add the macaroni and mix well.
- Heat on low flame till heated through.
- Optionally, it can also be baked at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with more shredded cheese and dried bread crumbs.
- Bake for 8 minutes more, or until the cheese melts and the top crust turns golden brown.