Galley Devil's Note:
For anyone who has never tried to make mac and cheese before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- 2Add the macaroni and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- 3Mix together the cheese, cream and butter and heat on a low flame,stirring, till the cheese melts.
- 4Add the macaroni and mix well.
- 5Heat on low flame till heated through.
- 6Optionally, it can also be baked at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and sprinkle top with more shredded cheese and dried bread crumbs.
- 8Bake for 8 minutes more, or until the cheese melts and the top crust turns golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Macaroni and Cheese (Stove-Top or Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1410.1
- Calories from Fat 860
- Total Fat 95.6 g
- Saturated Fat 59.4 g
- Cholesterol 319.0 mg
- Sodium 885.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 49.0 g