Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have been eating this comfort food for years. My mom has been serving this casserole to us for as long as I can remember, and doesn't change from this recipe very often. I know there are alot of fancier mac and cheese recipes here but this is your basic recipe......comfort food. I hope you enjoy.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Prepare macaroni according to pkg. directions.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour, worcestershire,salt, pepper and dry mustard and stir constantly.
- Cook over medium low heat until bubbly and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- Return to stove and stir until boiling.
- Stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat again and add cheese.
- Add macaroni, stir until combined.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes uncovered.
I love basic and this definitely fits the bill! I had made a huge recipe of mac & cheese tonight and then thought I need to make something for my family too so searched for a basic mac & cheese and there was your recipe. Perfect because all the ingredients are always on hand and simple to follow the instructions. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish! Searched & found for the Bargain Basement tag game.