I have been eating this comfort food for years. My mom has been serving this casserole to us for as long as I can remember, and doesn't change from this recipe very often. I know there are alot of fancier mac and cheese recipes here but this is your basic recipe......comfort food. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare macaroni according to pkg. directions.
- 3Melt butter.
- 4Add flour, worcestershire,salt, pepper and dry mustard and stir constantly.
- 5Cook over medium low heat until bubbly and smooth.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- 7Return to stove and stir until boiling.
- 8Stir 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat again and add cheese.
- 10Add macaroni, stir until combined.
- 11Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- 12Bake 20 minutes uncovered.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.2
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 953.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g