1/5 Photos of Basic Low-Fat Muffins
this is the basic recipe for low-fat muffins. You can make your own changes and substitutions to taste. Milk can be substituted with fruit juice. Nut, raisins or chocolate chips can be added to the batter. Unfortunately, it's impossible to turn into a gluten-free version, sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn on the oven to 180°C - 350°F Grease lightly a muffin cups.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine flour with cornstarch, baking powder and sugar.
- 4In another bowl beat egg whites until fluffy, gradually add milk and oil.
- 5Add vanilla extract.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture. Do not overbeat the batter.
- 7At this point you can add any other extra ingredient you like: nuts, raisins, chocolate chips --
- 8Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven about 25-30 minutes.
- 10Do not open the oven for the first 20 minutes. After that time you can check if muffins are ready by insering a toothpick in the center of the muffins. If it comes out clean, they are ready.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Low-Fat Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 215.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g