1 hr 5 mins
This provides a satisfying bread quickly and easily. The core recipe comes from Joetta Handrich Schlabach's "Extending the Table: A World Community Cookbook", one of only five out of my collection of cookbooks that I continue to mine for new ideas. It is called "Kentucky Cornbread" there. I took out the salt, and specified nonfat milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 3Measure the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir together thoroughly.
- 4Add the milk, and stir until the dough is moistened and consistent. The dough will still have lumps in it.
- 5Turn out into the baking pan and level.
- 6Bake for 1 Hour or to taste.
- 7Cool on a rack before cutting.
- 8Stores well in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Low Fat Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 619.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g