Nana Lee's Note:
Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes By Karen Barnaby "I started making this soup during a non-dairy phase and found that the Dijon added a special zing to the flavour. Add more if you like it! Other vegetables can replace the cauliflower: asparagus, spinach, red bell peppers, tomatoes or more cauliflower. I once made it with red Swiss chard stalks and it was delicious! If you use a fibrous vegetable like asparagus, strain the soup through a sieve after pureeing. There are many options for garnishing - bacon bits, chunks of chicken, ham, sour cream, crispy prosciutto or pancetta, smoked salmon or a sprinkling of cheese. Blue cheese is great with plain cauliflower and smoked salmon is elegant on asparagus."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the broccoli and cauliflower and chop coarsely.
- 2The core of the cauliflower and broccoli should be used too.
- 3Save a few tiny florets of broccoli to add later.
- 4In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 5Add the garlic and sizzle until it smells fragrant.
- 6Add the broccoli, cauliflower, stock and salt.
- 7Bring to a boil, turn down and cook at a lively simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 8Puree in batches in a food processor or blender - a blender works best for this - with the mustard and tarragon add the broccoli florets and season to taste.
- 9Thin with stock or water if the soup is too thick.
- 10Add the cream if desired.
- 11The dairy is optional and not included in the count.
- 12Total Calories: 566.
- 13Fat: 31 grams.
- 14Carbs: 63 grams.
- 15Fiber: 33 grams.
- 16Protein: 31 grams.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Low Carb Vegetable Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 524.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g