Recipe by Sooty_Cat
This is the basic recipe for a loaf that came with the bread mix I buy. I sometimes find, depending on the weather, that I need to add a little bit more water, but I suggest only adding 1 tbs at a time, or you may quickly find it is too wet! If you wish to make this recipe a bit healthier, try using 3 cups of bread mix and top up with psyllium husk, but keep an eye on the dough ball to make sure it's mixed properly. (servings listed are for 2 slices ie. a sandwich!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups white bread mix (or 3 cups bread mix, and 1/2 cup of psyllium husk)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast, rounded
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients in the order the manufacturer of your particular bread machine tells you to.
- Make sure the water is warm, not hot, as it will kill the yeast, and not cold as the yeast will take much longer to make the bread rise.
- As the bread is mixing, make sure it mixes together to form a cohesive, slightly 'tacky' ball. If it is too dry, try adding an extra 1 tbs of water at a time until it looks right. If too wet, add 1 tbs of bread mix or flour at a time.